Sunday, August 24, 2014

Makeup artists wannabe - Everyday Glam 3



I’m one of those girls who always buys makeup but ends up not using them or, sometimes worse, looking like a hag with my look without even knowing it. I’m guilty of doing super-tapang-kilay and mala-tomato-pink cheeks that you can cook (hehe). Thanks to Everyday Glam 3 workshop that I’m now aware of those makeup booboos.

Since forever, I always wanted to attend a makeup workshop and I’m glad that I was given an opportunity to do so. I really had a great time and for a brief moment, I felt that I’m not a bookish-nerdy accountant but an artist who can make stuff pretty. There were eight participants, including myself, each of which have their own personalities and background. Some are moms, others were teachers, whilst some were office people like me and others were makeup professionals. I was really moved by one of my “classmates” who is already in her late forties or even early fifties. It shows that being beautiful knows no age, gender, profession, etc. She listened intently and even took notes of what and what not to do.

The Everyday Glam Workshop was held at the Style and Design Academy Manila which is located in 108 Panay Avenue Quezon City (Octoarts Building). The venue made me feel that I was a participant in Project Runway with all the mannequins, fabrics, clothes etc. During those 3 hours, I was taken out of my world of worksheets and excel files into somewhere more fashionable, more fun, and more beautiful. 
Photo grabbed from http://instagram.com/murielvegaperez

Photo grabbed from http://instagram.com/murielvegaperez

Photo grabbed from http://instagram.com/styleanddesignacademymanila

Photo grabbed from http://instagram.com/styleanddesignacademymanila

"selfie" with MJ

New addition to my makeup kit. Applying things learned.
Photos grabbed from MJ. =)

Tags: make-up make up makeup lessons manila, makeup make-up make up workshop manila, makeup make-up make up school manila, fashion school manila quezon city

No comments:

Post a Comment