Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Additional Review for Playground Cam200

Addendum to Playground Cam200 review: 

The extra battery I bought last 31 July 2015 is not working. I was not able to use it in my Thailand trip last August. It’s literally money down the drain. We returned it to Ambassador late August for replacement or service warranty, but Playground (according to Ambassador) refused to replace or even repair it. The reason that they gave us is that it is the battery that came with the camera and they don’t offer any service warranty for that. When we raised that the camera was only bought late March, less than six month old from date of purchase, they still refuse to repair it. We are really frustrated with the situation because, (1) it took them more than a month to inform us that they won't repair/replace the battery; (2) the batteries don’t have any serial number, thus we cannot determine if their representation is true; and (3) giving them the benefit of a doubt, provided that the battery is the one that came with the camera, I was able to use it for only one trip within four months. I’m a camera enthusiast and took care of Cam200 like I do with all the cameras I own. I even kept it in a dry box and remove the battery from the camera when I’m not using it. I will no longer buy any Playground products due to bad quality and poor service.

Original Review
Finally, I have the time to write/upload my long overdue review on the performance of Playground’s Cam200. Overall performance is fairly decent for its price. Video quality, as expected, is superb but photo quality is a bit disappointing as pictures are somewhat pixelized. Full rants and raves are listed below.
  1. The free remote control can only access the camera few feet away probably a meter.
  2. Battery runs out fairly quickly particularly if you’re using the wifi to connect your phone as remote control.
  3. I bought additional battery from Ambassador Appliance in Makati for my travel next week but I was surprised that it cost P790. I remember a post in facebook (late June) that SRP is only P490. I have no choice but to buy the expensive battery as other accredited/playground carrier stores (memo express and others) in Robinsons Ermita do not sell Playground Cam200 batteries. The battery doesn’t come with a charging station unlike batteries of other affordable action camera.
  4. Symagix, phone application to access the camera via wifi, is easy to use.
  5. Of course, worry free use because it is affordable and you can replace it anytime.
Camera can't be accessed by the free remote control beyond this point
OR of battery purchased

Amazing captures of Playground Cam200










Tags: PLayground Cam200, Actual Photos, Actual Videos, Review, Affordable Action Camera

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Lenlen! My name is Gwen and I'm with playground.ph. May we ask for the best way to reach you (email or FB, perhaps?)? Or if you can please drop us a line at our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/playground.ph. We would really like to help out with your issues with the extra battery. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete